It is a fact that not all shops in the same market do equally well, despite selling the same wares. Some shops that are in compliance with the Vastu tips for commercial shops are more popular and appear to attract larger crowds. As a result, they do brisk business. Others, however, remain empty, despite alluring interiors and promotional gimmicks. We may think that the nature of the shop owners or their salesmanship skills makes them popular and win them, dedicated customers. But the location of the shop, exteriors including the slope and shape of the plot, placement of interiors, direction for the entrance, exit etc. also plays an equally important role in making a shop/business prosper.
Why is Vastu for shops so important?
A variety of factors contribute to the success a shop may face. A store with good interior design and expansive promotional offers might not be as attractive to customers as one that focuses on low prices. On the contrary, a small shop with lower prices and simpler decor may see more customers with higher turnover. This is because these people follow the principles of Vastu. Some shops are more popular than others and they attract larger crowds. This lends itself to the opinion that there's something special about their owners or their salesmanship skills that sets them apart from other shops. There are many factors that can influence your retail spot, like its location or building design. If you want people to visit your store and come back, you should consider when designing a few Vastu Shastra strategies that might help.
Following are the Vastu tips for shop or showroom which should be kept considered while construction:
- An ideal shop should be square-shaped or rectangular or have a front wider than the rear. However, triangular or irregular shaped shops or those with a narrow front and wide rear should be avoided, as they lead to financial loss and mental tensions.
- Make sure that the entrance to your shop is in the northeast or east direction. This would help you in attracting the maximum number of prospective clients.
- Every shop has a cash counter. You must make sure that the cash counter should always be installed in the position where it can open towards the north direction. If the shop also has a cash or locker room then it should be installed in the south-western portion of the shop and the main entrance of the room must always be in the northern portion.
- According to Vastu tips for commercial shops, the head manager or the owner of the shop must always sit in the south or west direction as this is most profitable for them. They should face towards the east or north direction.
- The shop or the showroom must never be of an irregular shape as this can create various different problems for you. Always try to purchase a shop which squares or rectangular in shape. This would help in generating maximum profits for your business. It's best to build a commercial complex according to the Vastu Shastra. For maximum profit, a 1:1 or 1:2 ratio with the plot should be used, depending on its shape. A rectangular or square would be best for more profits and lesser chance for stress. Any irregular shape will cause losses.
- If you have extended the shop then make sure that it is not in the wrong direction and it should also not face any type or irregularities. Any type of irregularity can be very bad for the business and you might have to face losses.
- If you are placing statues or pictures of deities in your shop then make sure that they are always kept in the northeast position and in the right direction. This would be highly beneficial for your business.
- Raw materials and other types of heavy kinds of stuff must always be kept in the south-western portion of the room in order to bring good luck.
- If you have installed other electronic equipment in your shops like computers, television, refrigerator, and microwave then it would be better for you to keep all these gadgets in the south-eastern corner of your showroom for maximum benefits according to Vastu tips for commercial shops.
- The doors of your showroom or shop should never make noise as this would bring bad luck to the area.
- Hot selling items are best placed in the north-west, the quadrant of air, which aids movement.
- Auspicious symbols of Swastik should always be displayed in the shop. The words 'shubh-labh' and 'riddhi-siddhi' should be written on one of the walls of the shop.
- Sign boards or Banners: Sign boards and banners are an important part of your branding strategy which can influence footfalls or the number of people that come to your store. Colors in these sign boards should also be in sync with the direction from which they are read/viewed. For example, a white or grey sign will work better for shops with an entrance in North West corner, whilst those with an entrance in the North should use blues, blacks or greens.
- Display of Products on Mannequins: Most shops display their clothes, handbags and other products on a mannequin. This gives some idea of what they will look like on the person wearing them. The North-West and the North of North West are the best zones to place mannequins in order to display products. This is because these zones have energies that can attract everyone's attention.
- If it is a multi-storied building, there will be staircases. Staircases should be in the south-west and should be running clockwise as one climbs them according to Vastu Shastra.
- The storeroom and the basement should be in the south or west of the compound
- Placement of Mirrors in Shop: Mirrors are an important element of the design in any retail environment - they allow you to experience the product as if they were on you. Mirrors reflect the water element according to Vastu, which is why they should only be placed in zones linked to this element. Locations that work well include North, North East and West.
- Based on Vastu principles, the toilet should be located in the north-west or west corner.
- Make sure that the center of your store (Brahmasthan) is clear from any obstacles.
- The most designated spot for sofas in a boutique or jewelry shop is on the north or east side.
- A good place for your trial room in a clothing store is on the west side of the store.
- Most shops have a wealth corner, the southeast zone. The best spot to place your lucky bamboo plant is here to attract wealth into your store.
- Vastu states that the counter of a shop should be square or rectangular. A circular counter leads to wealth loss. The counter should be placed in the southeast or southwest direction for prosperity. Always keep the counter of your shop neat and not cluttered with items you're selling.
- When people visit a shop or an office, they're likely to first end up at the reception, which is where they'll make their first impression. It should be located in the east or northeast corner of the space and have clean lines with some positive energy. The receptionist should also face them when talking on the phone or desk work.
- Office workers should work while facing North or East.