Vastu tips for sleeping directions:
- Vastu recommends that the head must be placed towards the East for undisturbed sleep. The second best sleeping direction is the West and the third choice is South.
- You should never sleep with your head towards North direction and legs in South direction. Sleeping in this direction may lead to major sickness, difficulty in having children and one may remain sleep deprived. It hampers your positive vibrations.
- The south-west direction is the most powerful quadrant as this area has all the positive energy stored.
- According to Vastu experts, the best direction is sleeping with your head in the South. Sleeping in this direction increases health, happiness and prosperity.
- Sleeping with your head in East increases memory, good health and inclination towards spirituality. This is the ideal direction for students as it helps increase memory, retention power of brain and concentration.
- Another favourable direction is the West. Sleeping with head in West direction gives name, fame and prosperity. According to the law of magnetism, the magnetic force enters our head if we lie with head on the East and exits through feet promoting cool heads and warm feet. When the head is laid towards West, cool feet and a hot head.
- Beds should not be placed under a beam as it leads to stress. Also, the beds should be placed few inches away from the wall.
Sleeping North-South directionSleeping in the North-South direction is considered a very important practice according to Vastu Shastra. It is believed that this direction helps promote positive energy flow and leads to good health, wealth and success. This direction of sleeping also helps reduce stress and fatigue. It is said that when one sleeps with their head facing north, they are able to absorb magnetic energy from the north pole which helps them stay healthy. When sleeping with the head pointed southwards, it's known to help keep the mind clear and peaceful. Additionally, sleeping in this position can help ensure sound sleep as well as better focus while studying or working. All in all, if followed correctly, Vastu Shastra suggests sleeping in the North-South direction can bring about positive changes in life.
Sleeping East-West directionSleeping in the East-West direction is a concept that has been used for centuries as per the ancient practice of Vastu Shastra. According to this school of thought, sleeping with one’s head pointing towards the west provides individuals with a sense of stability and balance. It is believed that this particular orientation helps keep one’s mind calm and relaxed, which in turn leads to better sleep quality and improved overall health. The idea behind following this practice is to maintain a balanced flow of energy in the body and prevent it from being blocked or disrupted. This can help people feel more energized throughout their day and achieve greater peace of mind. Additionally, following this sleep orientation can also reduce instances of nightmares or bad dreams, as it encourages positive thoughts and feelings.
Placing the bed in the right spot in the room
The bed should always be on the southwest wall of the room. It should not face the door. The best sleeping position for couples as per Vastu is to keep the head towards the south, southeast, or southwest. It is strongly advised not to keep the head towards the north while sleeping. It can make you stressed and exhausted.
Avoid sleeping with feet facing towards door or windowFeng Shui practitioners say it is called the "dead man's position" and often refer to it as the "coffin position" because your feet or head face the door and resemble how a coffin would be carried from a house. This is a sleeping direction to avoid at all costs if you can. Chi enters rooms through the doors & windows
Some more quick tips and checklist for bedroom Vastu
Avoid the sharp corners of your room when you put the bed
Those who sleep with their legs in the direction of any door will have bad nightmares.
Opt for a darker curtain for the bedroom to block light from outside.
To put your mind at ease you can paint any room with pale blue or another light color. Paint helps to calm anxiety and fight off depression as well. Try it out!
Try to keep your phone out of sight while you're sleeping. You want to be able to recharge and reconnect with both your family and friends, so don't let the need for a quick response control how you sleep.
Ensuring your room isn't on top of the kitchen will ensure you maintain a healthy sleep schedule.
All of the good vibes will flow, if you don't stuff the room with too many things
As plants release carbon dioxide at night, do not place them in places where they will affect your sleep or your bedroom (especially if you suffer from allergies).
Never sleep under any house beams.
Consider placing a wind chyme, or dream catcher or Vastu items in your bedroom to help channel positive energy