Vastu for Bedroom
Everybody agrees that the bedroom is incredibly helpful for rest. Whether you're tired from your office day, some hassle-filled chores, or even an engaging discussion - it's always a relief to get some sleep at night.
The world, and every part of it, is touched by the energy that comes from the primordial cosmic forces. When these are in balance and generating positive energy, they can induce good effects.
This is why good Vastu in your bedroom is so beneficial. When you don't take the time to put things in their proper place and when different objects are markedly out of balance, it will cause a negative energy to manifest which can negatively affect our lives.
Master Bedroom Direction
As per Vastu, the master bedroom should be planned only in the ‘South-West’ of the house. This is the ideal direction for master bedroom. Some important Vastu tips for bedroom while planning the master bedroom are as follows:
- The bed should never be placed in front of the door. It's said that your head should be facing the East or South Direction when you sleep on it. This will help you sleep peacefully.
- Vastu for the master bedroom suggests heavy objects should be placed in certain directions. For instance, furniture like almirahs and cupboards should face west or south-west if you want to get more positive energy.
- You should try and avoid the usage of electronic appliances in the bedroom. This is because they send out negative energies which eventually disturb other people's sleep.
- Colors play a big role in the look of any room but especially the master bedroom, which Vastu states is best done in colors such as white, grey, green, rose or blue.
- When it comes to Vastu tips for the master bedroom, you should be careful with the placement of mirrors. You should never place a mirror right opposite the bed, or it'll create health issues.
- Instead of opting for artificial flowers, use fresh and natural flowers. These can help to release positive energy in your home or office.
- For newlyweds, the direction of the bed room as per Vastu can be in the northwest corner.
- If you're keen keeping showpieces or art, make sure you never keep solitary items. It's best to keep them in pairs like Goddess Lakshmi and Narayana, or even a pair of doves.
Directions of the bedrooms
- North-facing bedrooms are believed to have a range of benefits, including that they can increase your chances of climbing the career ladder and improve your finances.
- A master bedroom in south provides a quiet and relaxing living life for its occupants. The bedrooms that are zone-SSE also provide great mental strength and physical power.
- The west zone can also be considered to place the bedroom. It brings wealth and other skills. Some areas of your home are more appropriate for certain needs than others. For example: the Northeast is better for worship rooms, while the Southeast should be used as an office and so on. Also, never place the bedroom in the center of the home. This zone is called the Brahmasthan and it must be kept void for free flowing of the energies.
- The master bedroom should be placed in the south-west corner of the house, for best results. Children’s room should ideally be on the west side of the house while an east-facing room may suit a guest bed better.
Direction of the Placement of the Bed
- When placing the bed, make sure you are facing south for the maximum benefits. If unavailable, east is still a good option as well.
- Good orientation for children and adults associated with academics is the East. Sleeping direction is considered as a useful bedroom vastu tip.
- Make sure your bed is not directly under any structural beam or in a corner. Leave it about a foot away from any wall to help improve the flow of energy and keep the space clear.
Vastu guidance on Doors and Windows
- According to Vastu, it is advisable to place the bed and bedroom door at opposite ends of the room. This ensures the feet face away from the door which can be a little distracting in terms of sleep.
- Another tip when preparing your bedroom is to ensure that the door of the bedroom opens inwards, at 90 degrees. If you find any weird noises or creeks, it may be wise to seek out a local carpenter and have them fix the problem.
- To ensure proper ventilation and energy flow, having a couple of windows is highly recommended. The north and east sides are best to put the windows
- But make sure the head does not point to any window. As a bedroom vastu tip, make sure to use dark, heavy curtain to block any light. This will help to enhance the sleep experience.
Bedroom Vastu: Sleeping direction as per Vastu
- As per Vastu Shastra, the best sleeping direction is to face south and have your feet pointing north. This ensures that your head is directed to the south and ensures a good night's sleep.
- It is the most ideal sleeping position to sleep in if you want to have good-quality sleep. Sleeping with your feet pointing north will give you luck & fortune.
- You can also try to sleep with your feet pointing east as per vastu, because it will make you richer and more appreciated. If you have been sleeping with your head pointed north, this might not be the best for your sleep quality.
- Don't sleep with your legs pointing south, because it could prevent you from getting a good night's sleep. In some cultures, the southern direction is for the Lord of death and should be avoided. It can also lead to illnesses in your mind.
Every sleeping direction, except north, is believed to have some positive effects:
- Head towards the south: Get better sleep, improve your productivity and lead a healthy lifestyle by investing in a good quality mattress. It's perfect for any profession and ensures long lasting luxury and prosperity that leads to a lower risk of heart diseases.
- Head towards the east: According to Vastu, East is a great direction to sleep in. It can help you with concentration & memory and attract opportunities for your career. Consider it as an option if you're looking for a way to improve your life or the lives of your loved ones.
- Head towards the west: It is advisable to sleep towards west if it is not possible to sleep with one’s head towards south or east direction. It benefits the individual by bringing fame, recognition and wealth.
- Head in the diagonal or corner axis: Sleeping with your head pointing towards Southeast is often recommended for diagonal bedroom layouts. Sleeping with your head pointing towards the Northwest is also favourable and a neutral position neither good nor bad.
Things to avoid in the Bedroom
As per Vastu, a clutter-free bedroom is the best way to keep negative energies at bay. Some items to avoid in the bedroom include:
- Electronic devices: It is a good idea to avoid using electronic devices like laptops, smartphones and tablet screens etc. a few hours before sleeping time to ensure that you get quality sleep.
- Workspace or desk: When it comes to a bedroom design, one of the most important things to think about is how you're going to unwind and what will encourage your brain to relax. According to Vastu, designing your work desk in the bedroom is a big no.
- Old mattress: Make sure to replace your mattress more often as this can lead to health issues. Wash linens and bed covers regularly.
- Exercise equipment: You can reduce mess and clutter around your sleeping area by moving fitness equipment and other home gym machinery to another room.
Best Bedroom Plants as per Vastu
If you want to add some greenery to your bedroom, Vastu suggests the following plants as ideal:
- Money plant: To induce a calm vibe, place your money plant in the sharp corners of your house to take the edge off. However, make sure it gets indirect sunlight, as this is one of the best air-purifying plants you can have in your house. Be sure to provide it with some support to grow taller and stronger.
- Bamboo plantBamboo plants are popular for their luckiness as per Vastu Shastra and Feng Shui. They require minimal care and can be placed anywhere in the bedroom, but the south-east corner is preferred.
- Lily plant: Lilies are a symbol of happiness, peace and harmony. This plant is also said to bring about positive vibes and keep nightmares away.
- Lavender plant: The relaxing scent of lavender is known for promoting inner peace and you can place a few bunches near the bedside table area to get the best experience.
Vastu for Senior Citizens Bedroom
- Design the room of a senior citizen in soothing shades like yellow, white, green or blue. It should be located in the southwest or south. Retired senior citizens are able to use rooms in other directions like northeast, east and north as well.
- The head of the bed should be in the east direction or South.
- Books should be kept on a shelf in the West, a table and chair for reading or writing can be placed in the Northwest corner- this is one of the best positions because it's near to shelves, other tables, and windows.
- Medicines should be kept on a shelf that is placed midway between the north and northeast.
Vastu for Kids Bedroom
- Well-known Vastu principles state that the kid’s room should be situated in the west zone of your home, with its door facing east, to welcome good energies and happiness. Remember that the bedroom door should always swing open clockwise.
- You should also consider not having signs dangling on your door as it can bring about negative energy like fights and aggression. The direction of the bed should be in a way that is not blocking the entrance to the room.
- Ensure that the child’s bedroom has no sharp edges which block the flow of energy. Empty spaces and wooden furniture have a positive effect on the energy of the bedroom.
- One of the most important things is to ensure that your study table is in the best place to help with concentration and memory. For this reason, it should face East or North and be either square or rectangle. A crystal tower or pyramid is also a great way to keep good luck flowing by emitting positive energy.
- Vastu suggests that a picture displayed on the wall of the rising Sun, Lord Ganesha or Saraswati will make children feel positive. Medals and trophies can be displayed on the South wall as well.
- Children should not eat on the bed and should avoid placing their shoes under the table in order to get better sleep.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which colour is best for bedroom according to Vastu?
To create a calming, relaxing bedroom space, go for off-white or light pastel colors. Get rid of any decorative clutter and tidy up your room on a regular basis.
Which is the best sleeping direction as per Vastu?
South is the best direction to sleep, with the feet pointed north will ensure you have a high quality sleep.
What should be the ideal bed position according to Vastu?
According to Vastu, your bed should be placed with the head towards the east or south.
Which are the ideal colours for the curtains according to Vastu?
Vastu suggests that fiery, red and black curtains should be avoided in the bedroom. Lighter colours such as white, cream, light brown and green are easier on the eye and help to promote relaxation.