Vastu Shastra is a traditional Hindu system of architecture originating in India. The designs are intended to integrate architecture with nature, the relative functions of various parts of the structure, and ancient beliefs utilizing geometric patterns, symmetry and directional alignments. The ancient treatise of Vastu Shastra is a collection of texts, teachings and guidelines, and has served as the foundation for all Vastu-related teachings. Vastu for Business can give that much-needed push that we all want in life.
In Sanskrit, the word "Vastu" means a dwelling or home with its surrounding space. Shastra is a Sanskrit word that means a teaching, precept or lesson. Vastu is an ancient Indian knowledge of architecture that guides the construction of houses, temples, apartments, and commercial buildings, taking into account the effects of nature and the cosmos on human life.
Vastu is said to be one of the most ancient sciences, and its principles are said to have been revealed to humanity as the Vedas. Vastu Shastra is a Sanskrit term which literally translates to "Science of Architecture." The purpose of Vastu is to balance the energies of the house and to create a positive environment that brings peace, prosperity, and happiness to the inhabitants of the house. The importance of Vastu has been mentioned in several Vedic scriptures, including the Rig Veda, the Yajur Veda, the Sama Veda, and the Atharva Veda.
A Quick Guide- What to build Where
- Reception should be built in the northeast direction.
- The entrance door should be built in the east or north direction.
- The owner’s room should be built in the southwest direction.
- The Accounts department should be built in the southeast direction.
- The staff should be built in the northwest direction.
- The conference room should be built in the northwest direction.
- The marketing department should be built in the northwest direction.
- A temple in the office should be built in the northeast direction.
- The cashier’s office should be built in the north direction.
- The pantry should be built in the southeast direction.
- The guardroom should be built in the northwest direction.
- Lockers should be built in the southwest direction.
- The laborer’s house should be built in the northwest direction.
- The water tank should be built in the southwest or west direction.
- The staircase should be built in the west, south, and southwest direction.
- Toilets should be built in the southwest and northeast direction.
- Almirahs and racks should be built in the southwest direction.
- Telephone and side tables should be built in the southwest corner.
Vastu Tips for Business Growth
- When you are looking for a land or plot for your office or business purpose, make sure that you go for Shermukhi plots. These plots are specially designed to be broader from the front and narrow at the end.
- It is important to purchase the land close to roads that are highly busy and operational. This will ensure that your business gets maximum exposure.
- In order to bring good fortune and positive energy in your business, you must make sure that the building of the office should face the North, North-East, or North-West direction. This will bring fortune and good luck to your business.
- To ensure the safety of the owner's seat, it is necessary to have a concrete wall behind it. Glass structures should not be placed in the area. The owner's desk should be rectangular in shape.
- Staff should always face in the North or East directions for better work efficiency.
- The North-West zone of the business should be free of any negative elements or activities which can disrupt the financial support system.
- According to Vastu Shastra, the entrance of the business building should be facing the East or North. It is important to note that there should be nothing blocking the entrance of the main door.
- The welcome room of the business should be located in the North-East or East corner. Furthermore, the central part of the office building should be kept empty.
- The business owner’s room should be located in the South-West and they should be facing North while sitting in it.
- To ensure financial success, never build a toilet in the North-West zone of your business. Instead, keep white horses in the same area, as it symbolizes financial stability.
- The accounting department should be placed in the North and East direction, while workers dealing with bank and cash should be facing the North and East direction.
- Financial records should always be kept in the central North or Southwest of the cabinet.
- When it comes to painting the North zone, never use pink or red colour. Instead, opt for a more neutral colour palette. In the South-East zone, never use blue colour and instead opt for more natural colours like green.
- To bring in some nature, place an aquarium with nine goldfish and one blackfish in the North-East direction. For the conference room, make sure it is in the North-West direction of the office building.
- When it comes to workstations or desks, always opt for rectangular or square shapes. Avoid using L-shaped desks as it can create confusion and distraction.
- On a single desk, there should not be more than one employee. It affects their focus and concentration.
- Make sure to keep all electrical equipment in the South-East direction of the office building. Doing this will help avoid any electrical accidents.
- Manufacturing-related businesses should start from the South since it is said to bring good luck. From there, businesses should move towards the North and West to increase prosperity and good fortune. Finally, the businesses should head to the East to ensure financial success.
- When it comes to the placement of decor items, always keep one thing in mind: the correct placement of decor items on your work desk will not only ensure financial prosperity but also improve a person’s overall well-being.
- Make sure to keep finished goods in the North-West direction for selling purposes. This is said to increase the chances of success.
- The safe locker should be placed in the North-East direction, as this is said to bring financial stability.
- Place beautiful fresh flowers at the reception to invite positivity. This will not only keep the surrounding space positive but also help to increase prosperity.
- The four-leaf clover plant at the entrance of the office should be kept well-maintained, as it brings good luck and fortune to the workspace.
- Keep your desk free of any clutter, and add a turquoise pyramid to help foster better communication with your peers. It is important to never sleep at your desk, as it creates a negative energy in the workspace.
- According to Vastu for Business, the worker's back should never face the door in their cabin, as it will make it difficult for them to see other people, which can create problems at work.
- In the office, it is important to keep the conference room free of broken stationary, pictures, or items. This helps to ensure that the conference room is a safe and productive environment.
- Avoid having a pantry in the North direction.
- If possible, it is recommended that the conference room is placed in the North-West corner of the office to take advantage of the natural light, as well as to create a sense of balance in the office.
- Placing an aquarium in the north-east corner of the office, as per Vastu, is believed to bring success and prosperity to a business. It is recommended to have nine goldfish and one blackfish in the aquarium for maximum effect.
- Keeping the north-east and the central area of the office open for swift movement of positive vibes will help create a calming and stress-free environment. If the business involves some manufacturing or production, then it should be from the south-west to the north-east direction. This will improve the production potential and success rate of the product.
- If the office has a provision of borewell, then it should be in the north-east as this will further increase the peace and tranquility of the space. Taking care to ensure that these areas are free of clutter and mess will also help promote positivity and increase productivity.
- It is also important to make sure that the furniture in the office is arranged in a way that the boss’s back is not towards any window or mirror. This is considered inauspicious as per Vastu for business.
- Sitting in the aisle is also considered inauspicious.
- When it comes to water arrangements in the office, it should be placed in the North-East side if it is kept on the ground. This will help to improve the energy of the office and bring better results. If water arrangement is above the ground then you can keep them anywhere in the office.
- To create a professional and organized office environment, it is important to use light colors on the walls like white, cream, light blue, and yellow. Avoid darker shades like black, red, brown, etc. when painting the office walls.
- When it comes to seating arrangement, it should be arranged in a way that the cashier or accountant can't see any other employee working. This will help to maintain confidentiality and concentration of the employees.
- It is also important to never pile up unnecessary furniture, unused files, etc. in the office as it will make it look cluttered.
- Using a sign board that is attractive and made of metal or plastic will also help to make the office look more professional. The color of the sign board should be a light color like yellow, pink, white, etc. and should not be dark colors like blue, black, or grey.
- The main door of the office should be inviting and attractive. It should be a visual representation of the organization’s vision and values.
- Use bright and vibrant colors, inspirational quotes, and pictures of happy people, children, and leaders. This will create a positive atmosphere that will encourage productivity and creativity.
It is also important to remember that hard work and dedication are key to achieving success. However, Vastu can play an important role in giving your efforts that extra push needed to get desired results. Therefore, it is important to take Vastu seriously and follow the principles as they are written. With proper care and attention, you can see the positive changes in your life that Vastu can bring.