According to the ancient science of Vastu Shastra, plants are considered sacred and auspicious for having a positive aura around the home and eliminate the negative vibes. To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow. They are the superior powers that holds the nature together. They are not only here to give you fresh air and a green feel but they are one of the leaders of your utter well being. Vastu shastra is the art that believes in rearranging or changing the architecture of a place to bring in prosperity, happiness and an overall financial stability. In this article we will enlighten you about the vastu plants to keep in home for ensuring happy and prosperous living.
Some auspicious Vastu plants to keep in home:
- Holy Basil (Tulsi) Tulsi is one of the most auspicious vastu plant to keep in home according to hindu culture. It is known to bring prosperity among the inmates and lead them on a path of success. It is also associated with various health benefits. Tulsi helps in blood purification and keeps the digestive system in check. According to the vastu, North, north-east or eastern part of the house is the ideal location for keeping a tulsi plant. Moreover, if a house is affected with vastu dosh, the plant is known to not grow in its natural form. The location of the plant should be well lit with sunlight and don’t forget to water the plant regularly.
- Bamboo According to vastu shastra, Bamboo is known to bring good luck in the house and keep the evils surrounding the inmates at bay. You might have seem bamboo sticks being kept in the home or office. They are known as lucky bamboo and are known to bring wealth and financial stability for a person.Different arrangements of the stalks of this plant represent different properties. E.g. 3 stalks signify happiness, 5 stalks signify good health and so on. East or south east corner is the best location to keep a bamboo plant.
- Money plant According to vastu shastra, money plant is one of the most auspicious vastu plants to keep in home as it brings wealth and prosperity in a home. We have often seen homes with plants shaped like coins climbing the well they support. They are called money plants. South east direction, the direction of Lord Ganesha is the ideal direction to grow a money plant. As the name suggests, it is bound to bring financial stability in a home.
- Banana tree Banana tree is one of the most auspicious tree according to vastu shastra. The tree is even worshipped in many parts of India. Its ideal location is the home’s backyard in the Northeast direction. A banana tree in a house is known to bring health and mental peace. It has many medicated properties. People in south are known to have their food served on a banana leaf. It ensures that the food is blessed by the God and scientifically banana leaf is rich in antioxidants that helps in blood purification.
- Neem tree Neem is one of the sacred vastu plants to keep in home. Neem tree has many scientific and ayurvedic properties. According to vastu, a neem tree in a house ensures positive environment and is responsible for boosting happy moods. A neem leaf is known to keep many health problems at bay. It purifies the blood, keeps the gut healthy and is very good for acne curing. The ideal location for a neem tree is teh northwest corner of the house.