Vastu Shastra is an ancient Indian science of architecture that advocates the right positioning of buildings to ensure balance with the natural environment. It is based on the principle that all living beings are influenced by their surroundings. Vastu Shastra suggests that a building should be constructed taking into account the direction it faces, its shape, its orientation, and its position in relation to other buildings.
Traditional Indian architecture is one of the oldest and most developed architectural styles in the world. It has been around for more than two thousand years and has evolved from simple mud huts to complex structures with many rooms and courtyards.
One of the most important things to keep in mind when choosing an apartment is its flat direction, because it will have a huge effect on your life and future prospects.
The Importance of Flat Direction
The Importance of Flat Direction is a topic that every home buyer should know about. Flat direction is the direction in which the apartment faces. This is not just the direction in which your room faces, but also how your apartment faces in relation to other buildings.
Your apartment’s orientation has a huge impact on the amount of sunlight and solar exposure you’ll get during the day. The most desirable orientation is south-facing, which means your apartment faces in the direction of the south.
The Importance of Shapes and Angles
A veshti matka is a vastu building design that is based on the principles of Indian vastu shastra. It is an ancient technique that involves the use of shapes and angles in order to create a structure that provides prosperity, good fortune, and harmony with nature.
The shape of the building is designed in such a way so as to avoid any interference with the flow of energy. A veshti matka can be done by following these steps:
1) Draw an imaginary line from east to west, dividing the site into two halves
2) Draw an imaginary line from north to south, dividing the site into four quarters
3) From each quarter draw another imaginary line inwards
The Importance of Rooms and Their Size
A room is a vital aspect of any house and is considered to be the most auspicious part of the house. The size and shape of a room can play an important role in its success.
The purva kuta or the front porch is considered to be the most auspicious room in a house. It should be spacious, airy and well lit with plenty of natural light.
The vastu bedroom size should be at least 10 feet by 10 feet, while the vastu kitchen size should be at least 10 feet by 12 feet.
If an apartment or flat has a negative energy flow, the following thing can be done to correct it:
- One basic of astrology is that the main entrance should face North or North-west. In the Pooja room, God needs to be enshrined in the Northeast corner and South-west should be avoided.
- Water should always be drained vertically from the bottom of an under-water tank. Water should flow from North, North-east, or West directions.
- The South-west corner must be picked for the master bedroom.
- The North-west corner should be allocated for your kids’ room.
- Bathrooms should be constructed to face the west or south, according to some principles of Vastu Shastra.
- The drawing room must in North-west, South, or West directions only.
- The direction of the kitchen must be South-west as it is an essential part of the house and therefore it is important to know the kitchen should be in which direction.
- The East, North, North-west, West and North-east corners must be chosen for study rooms.
- Both the pooja room and study room must be adjacent.
- The direction of the guest room must be North-west.
- The windows must open in the East or North direction.
- All the windows and doors must open inwards and be of even number.
- The storeroom must be in the South.
- Garbage and dustbins should be put in the west of your home and covered.
- The balconies should face either Northeast, East, or North.
Panchtattava, analysis of the five elements
In the Indian tradition, a living space is divided into 16 zones or directions in space. Each zone has a corresponding main element that affects different aspects of life in the house.
Panchtattava is a traditional Indian architectural concept, which is an analysis of the five elements and their effects in a building.
The five elements are:
Earth, Water, Air, Fire and Space
Vastu Remedies for Apartments or Flats
Apartments and Flats are nowadays becoming a necessity for people. But, there is a problem with apartments and flats. Sometimes they get spoilt because of the Vastu Dosha. To avoid these problems, we should know about Vastu Remedies for Apartments or Flats.
Vastu Remedies for Apartments or Flats:
1) If you have a big plant in your living room, then it will work as an excellent Vastu remedy for your apartment or flat.
2) You should not keep your bed in the north-east direction of your house; instead you can place it in any other direction like north-west, south-east etc.
3) You should not place any heavy furniture like cupboards. Furniture is often the first thing you buy when it comes to setting up your home. However, you should not place any heavy furniture like cupboards or wardrobes in the corners of the living room as this may cause an imbalance in your home.