Gardening is an activity, which quite a few people practice, where they cultivate ornamental plants, fruits, vegetables, herbs, etc. It can be practiced anywhere and in any capacity. Everybody loves walking amid the lush gardens or one might want to sit back and enjoy the spectacular view of beautiful flowers, shrubs or trees as these surroundings help in relaxing and restoring inner peace. This article will enlighten you about the very auspicious Vastu tips for garden in order to maintain peace and prosperity in the surroundings.
Garden Vastu till date remains one of the most overlooked aspects of Vastu Vidya. People often search for Vastu tips for kitchen, bedroom or housing directions but they miss out on another essential aspect and that is Vastu tips for the garden.
The planning and design of your garden can have a significant effect on your mood, health, and prosperity. Vastu can be of immense help in tapping such natural beauty and its energizing qualities. The article lists some wonderful Vastu tips for the garden.
Some auspicious Vastu tips for garden are as follows:
1. Garden, lawns or decorative plants should always be in the east or the north direction. A waterfall of three to four feet can be constructed in the east or north direction, leaving the north-east or north-west corner.
2. A garden needs to have a focal point that is visually comforting and inspiring. It can be a fountain, fish aquarium, rocky landscaping, statue, the small idol of your deity, Swastika, OM or anything that gives a pleasing look.
3. According to teh ancient beliefs regarding the Vastu tips for garden, it has been proven that Peepal tree produces oxygen in large amounts by the leaves of this tree and it is found in high concentration under the branches, probably due to the thick foliage. Hence, it is considered very wealthy to have this tree in the backyard of the house in west direction.
Moreover, banana trees are also considered as symbols of wealth and prosperity. This tree has medicinal use too.
4. Tulsi, also known as Holy Basil and it is always good to have a Tulsi in the house or garden. According to Vastu Shastra, a garden in the North direction is highly auspicious with tulsi plant in the center.
5. According to Vastu tips for garden, if there is no space in the North direction, then this direction can also be considered for kitchen gardening. It is advised that only fruit-bearing plants are plotted in this direction. Plants that represent family’s prosperity and wealth must be avoided in this direction like Tulsi and Money plant.
6. Benches are useful in big gardens and can be placed in the open space in the East and the North direction so that people sitting in these directions face either east or west.
7. If there’s an ample space in the West direction of the house then utilize this space for planting big trees like mango, orange, banana, etc. But these trees must be at a distance from the home.
Avoid swings for children or if possible do not let the pet use this area for answering nature’s call.
8. The south direction is advised against for gardening or kitchen gardening as per Vastu Shastra, as there must not be a flowing water source in this area. This space should be left open or decorate the area with hanging baskets with plants, like money plant; as you need to water them once in a day or two and it won’t require the flow of water.
9. A pathway from the front gate of the building to the main entrance will prove to be quite beneficial. On each side of the pathway, grow herbal plants, like basil, and flower plants, like Jasmine. A tree or plant in the middle of the path should be avoided.
10. According to Vastu tips for garden, creepers should be grown in the garden only. Every creeper should have its own support system. Avoid creepers inside the house.
These Vastu tips for garden are very important to keep in mind while looking to plant in the garden. Well, all plants and trees are not equally auspicious, therefore, you need to pay attention to what plants you are planting in your home garden. You are now aware of how to make the garden in your house a blissful one.