A part of the land where a person could build a house for living is called a plot. Everything in the universe has a level of energy associated with it and if all those things are placed in compliance with vastu, it ensures happy and prosperous living. Therefore, vastu tips for plot selection are a must. To check whether a land or plot is auspicious or not, you need to conduct a little experiment on the plot or land where you want to build a house. First of all, dig a hole on the ground one foot wide and deep, take that soil out and refill the hole with that soil only. If the hole remains a bit empty or little incomplete, the plot is not suitable for you or not auspicious for you, and if mud or soil is left even after filling the hole completely the plot is suitable or auspicious for you according to Vastu Shastra.
According to vastu tips for plot selection, in order to have a plot suitable for building or a house, fill it with soil with a raised level and left it for a year to absorb water of rain and become hard for a better base and solid base.
Some of the auspicious vastu tips for plot selection to have a home filled with positive vibes and to ensure prosperity:
- A plot should not be situated near industrial area because industries pollute area the area and the surroundings like air, water etc.
- It should not be situated on SouthEast side of any river, pond, water tank or well because it is very harmful to residents according to Vastu Shastra principles.
- It should not be situated near any temple where temple’s shadow falls on the house because it is considered inauspicious for residents of the house.
- It should not be situated in or nearby any salty water area because of the saline water issues for house chores.
- A plot should not be situated any noisy, air polluted, water polluted, area because it disturbs your sleeping pattern and thus harming your health in turn.
Vastu tips for plot selection also recommends considering the colors of the soil or land to build a house or a building for residence. There are four types of land considered auspicious:
- White or creamy soil land: These types of lands are better for laying a foundation of a building due to the power of possessing strong vibes according to vastu.
- Black soil land : We should take extra care to lay foundation of building on this type of land as this type of land is soft and crispy leading to building’s weak foundation. It is recommended to dig deep down in the soil in order to lay a strong foundation amidst the rocky land.
- Red soil land: This type of land is better for building a foundation as it have a hard and strong base.
- Sandy soil land :According to vastu tips for plot selection, it is considered inauspicious to use a sandy soil land to build the foundation of a home or a place due to it being very soft and crispy unable to withstand weight.
Precautions and Principles to select plot or land to build a house :
- A plot should be a square shape.
- It should not be a triangular shape.
- Plot’s length should be double or more than its breadth.
- Plot’s land should not be cracked and in many angles or without shape.
- According to vastu tips for plot selection, it’s slope should be towards North-East or Ishan direction.
- Plot’s size should be the not circular shape.
- Plot’s size should be rectangular with 90 degrees each angle.
- It’s slope should not be in a south direction because it is very harmful or inauspicious for residents or plot.
- Stretch in the north-east direction is considered auspicious