Pooja room(or prayer room) is the most auspicious and sacred room as per the rules and guidelines of Vastu Shastra thus making it immensely auspicious as well as necessary to follow vastu tips for pooja room in order to have a prosperous living. The pooja room in your house should be planned according to Vastu Shastra because it is the place where you meditate and worship. So, it is important to gain positive energies to connect to God.
Since you worship, keep religious texts, idols and images of deities and other Godly belongings in this room, hence you must protect this room from negative energies. Once you’ve made a pooja or prayer room in your home then the room automatically starts to attract positivity and harmony.
Hence, you must take all the required actions and make sure that the pooja room in your home is in compliance with Vastu Shastra so that it is capable of enhancing and attracting positive energies in and around your home.
Vastu Tips for Pooja Room:
1. As per pooja room Vastu, north-east corner of the home is the best site for pooja place.
2. One should face towards East/North while worshipping.
3. Nothing should be stored in the cabinet or slab, here the God’s idol is placed.
4. According to the vastu tips for pooja room, it should never be made in a bedroom or on a wall adjacent to the bathroom wall.
5. In big plots or factories, etc. pooja room should be constructed in the center as it is considered very auspicious.
6. Keep the idols in east or west of the prayer room.
7. Pooja room can have doors and windows in north or east walls.
8. According to vastu tips for pooja room, use white, light yellow or light blue colors for walls of pooja room.
9. If the roof of pooja room is pyramid-shaped, then it is very auspicious.
10. You can place an Agnikund in the prayer room in the south-east corner.
11. If the prayer-area is in the kitchen, then keep it in the north-east corner of the kitchen; you should face east while praying.
12. Wood is the most preferred and auspicious material for building the Mandir/pooja room. The pooja room can also be built using marble or other stones.
What To Avoid According to The Vastu Tips for Pooja Room
1. The pooja place should never be in the south direction.
2. Do not have pooja place in store-room.
3. Do not have prayer place above, below or next to any toilet or kitchen.
4. Avoid pooja room or place under a staircase.
5. Never keep a dustbin in the pooja room; it reduces the positive energy of the room.
Just like every subject of human aspect is governed by rules, regulations act, similarly, the art of worshipping has got certain key factors to attain all of its benefits.
If your pooja room is designed by following the above mentioned vastu tips for pooja room, as well as after seeking the advice of expert consultants, you will feel charged and rejuvenated after meditation and your mind will not wander into different directions when you sit to worship.