Everyone desires a life filled with joy and abundance. To make that happen, people take numerous measures to protect and ensure the wellbeing of their family. What you don't realize is that the ancient practice of Vastu Shastra can significantly improve the happiness and prosperity of your home. By properly following Vastu tips for happiness, one can ward off negative energy and promote a nourishing atmosphere. If you're looking to bring happiness and prosperity to your home, this post provides the solutions you need to attract positive energy and joy.
Must-Follow Vastu Tips for Happiness
1. House colour According to Vastu Shastra
Colours have a massive effect on us. Each colour provokes a different feeling in us. Consequently, they are essentially important to each house. Here are some topics as per Vastu:
Vastu friendly colours for Kitchen
- When it comes to Vastu-friendly kitchen colours, red, orange and yellow are the best choices as they represent the fire element. Pink is also a great choice as it signifies love and warmth. Light brown is a great option as it denotes satisfaction.
- For the south-east zone, kitchen cabinets should be painted in lemon yellow, orange or green, as they symbolize freshness, health and positivity. For flooring, marble, mosaic or ceramic tiles in light shades such as beige, white or light brown are ideal Vastu colours for the kitchen.
- For kitchen slabs, naturally available stones like granite or quartz are recommended as per Vastu. When selecting kitchen colours as per Vastu, avoid dark shades like dark gray, brown and black. Blue should also be avoided in the kitchen, as it represents Varuna, the god of water, and the kitchen is an area that represents fire.
Vastu friendly colours for Walls
South wall colour as per Vastu expert should be either red or orange as the south presides over Mars. Green is the preferred north wall colour as per Vastu because it presides over planet Mercury.
The north-east direction presides over Jupiter and therefore, colours such as yellow should be preferred for walls in this direction. East wall colour as per Vastu is orange as the east presides over the Sun. In the south-east direction, select the colour red. West wall colour as per Vastu presides over Shani or Saturn and gray colour as per Vastu is the perfect colour for this corner
Vastu friendly colours for Children's Room
For children who are growing up and need a place to study, the northwest direction of a home is the ideal location for their rooms. According to Vastu plans, these rooms should be painted in white, as the north-west direction presides over the moon.
Vastu friendly colours for Study Room
When decorating a study room according to Vastu Shastra, select light colors like green, blue, cream, and white. These tones create an atmosphere that is conducive to productivity and are known to visually expand the space. Dark colors should be avoided as they can bring negative energy to the area. For a comforting and productive work environment, try shades of gold, yellow, brown, and green.
2. The Flow of Positive Energy
Introduce an aquarium to your domicile for a boost of energy. The water magnetizes luck and wealth. Make sure your pet fish are healthy, lively, and always swimming. The constant movement of the fish will invigorate the water and bring in a steady flow of positive energy, wealth and happiness.
3. Number of windows should be even
As per Vastu Shastra, the windows of a house act as a source of positive energy that leads to progress. When constructing the house, it is recommended to have an even number of windows. An even number, such as 4, 6, 8, or 10, should be used for the number of windows in the house.
4. Mirrors should be strategically placed
Ideally, it is recommended to hang several mirrors in your home. To bring peace, wealth, and success, you should put up a large looking glass in the east or north corner of your dining space. This would provide an adequate channel for the free circulation of ideal positive energy. To comprehend where you should place the mirrors to get the most out of them in your house, you should consult a competent Vastu specialist or interior designer.
5. Front door should be appealing
Make sure your entrance is strong and free of fractures or damage. Also, utilize door locks that offer protection and are not easily jammed. Mirrors should not be situated in the entryway or on the outside of your entrance door. Positive energy, success, and wealth are all drawn to the house through the front door. As a result, take care that your front door is sound and free of cracks or breaks. Additionally, make use of door locks that give security and are not easily jammed. Mirrors should not be put in the foyer or on the exterior of your entry door.
6. Direction for Photographs: South-West
Family pictures should be hung on the south-western wall. To bring in harmony, closeness, love, and reinforce relationships, put up an image of a family or a pair on the southwest wall of your house.
7. Abundant Sunlight
Let the Sun shine into your house by opening doors and windows in the morning. The Sun symbolizes lucidity, hope, abundant energy, assurance, and achievement in Vastu. Mirrors can be put on the opposite side of the window to reflect the Sun's beams throughout the room. The sunlight brings money, wealth, and wellbeing into the dwelling by driving the passage of beneficial energy into the home.
8. Kitchen Placement
Food can have a powerful effect on family relationships and overall wellness. By gathering around a meal, families can connect, share, and bond. For this reason, it's important to keep the sink and gas stove at a distance, as water and fire are opposing energies that should be kept apart.
9. Get Rid of Clutter
Vastu Shastra emphasizes the importance of keeping your living space free of clutter and well-organized. This can help to bring in positive vibes for financial, emotional, and overall well-being. Embracing minimalism in your home is a great way to attract good energy.
9. Keep the Locker in the Southwest Corner
To create a sense of financial abundance in your life, store your lockers or safes in the southwest corner of your home. This area represents the earth element, which promotes stability. Additionally, make sure that the locker in your residence does not open toward the west or south. Ignoring this guidance may result in a considerable depletion of wealth.
10. Position of the Overhead Water Tanks
Do not put the overhead tanks or containers for water or anything else in the southeast or northeast corner of your home. It can cause severe financial problems and health issues. You can also take the help of a Vastu Shastra expert to remove any negative energy from your house.
11. Place Buddha Statues
Having a Buddha statue in your home creates an atmosphere of peace and harmony. It is also a sign of well-being. Therefore, make sure your house has one or more Buddha statues. You can also have life-sized statues in your garden. These will bring a feeling of peace, harmony and abundance as well as add beautiful visual appeal to your residence when positioned in the right spot and direction.
12. Place Wind-Chimes Containing Crystals
Placing wind-chimes with crystals on bedroom windows can reduce family disputes and bring peace and tranquility to the home.
13. Place a Big Mirror in the Dining Room
For maximum positive energy in your dining room, position a large mirror in the East or Northeastern direction. This will bring peace, wealth, and prosperity to the space.
14. Ceiling of a Room Should Necessarily Have Four Corners Only
Your room should not have five corners in its ceiling. If it does, you should place small pyramids or flutes in the room to counteract its negative effects and bring peace.
15. Discard broken things
Avoid keeping broken items in your home. Get rid of any broken glass, furniture, or other objects as soon as possible. Broken items impede the flow of positive energy. If anything of value is accidentally broken during construction, do not bring it inside the house as it will not bring good fortune or prosperity to the family.
16. Cross Ventilation
When constructing your home, consider the placement of the windows and doors carefully. A well-designed layout will promote good air circulation, keeping everyone in the house healthy and allowing positive energy to move throughout.
Remedy for Prosperity and Happiness in the family
- After cleaning your house in the morning, sprinkle water at the main entrance of your home. This will bring positive energy to your home and you will be blessed with wealth.
- Planting an Ashoka tree in the home promotes wealth and makes the atmosphere in the house more pleasing. It is also considered auspicious according to Vastu rules to keep a small piece of the root of the Ashoka tree in the house temple.
- When the sun rises, sprinkle black sesame seeds (Til) on the roof of your dwelling. It will keep contentment and serenity in the home and it also invites the good vibes into the home.
- For a more positive atmosphere in the home, add two tablespoons of salt to the water bucket when mopping the floor. This is believed to drive away negative energy and promote love among family members.
- If husband and wife are constantly quarelling, then place Mangal Yantra in the prayer room. This will increase the bond between the couple and the disagreement will be resolved.
- After cooking, it is suggested to douse the stove with milk. This will bring sweetness to the relationships and foster greater connections among the family members.
Points to Remember
- It is beneficial to keep your head facing East or South while sleeping. Orienting your head towards the East is said to increase knowledge, while facing South is believed to add years to your life.
- Planting Tulsi in the Eastern or Northern direction is considered to be auspicious. Water the Tulsi plant daily and give it reverence. Ensure it remains strong and does not perish with time.
- Immediately throw away any broken furniture, utensils, glass or anything else from the house as damaged items and things attract negative energy.
- Kick off your day in the right way by blowing a conch while worshipping. This is sure to bring a sense of positivity and good vibes to your home.
- If there is any bad energy in the residence or if there are regular quarrels and the environment is always strained, then it is suggested to mix a bit of milk with the holy Ganges water and sprinkle it each day in the house. This will bring about harmony in the home and the effects of the wicked forces will also be diminished.
- Ignite the lamp made from cow dung and put jaggery and sweet oil in it. Place it in the middle of the primary entrance of the house. This helps bring joy and abundance in the residence and maintains a nice atmosphere in the family.
Here are some ideas to make sure your home follows Vastu principles. Feel free to add your own touches too - it is your home, after all, and it should be a reflection of your comfort and happiness.